Banner photo credit: Youn Park
We invite you to explore and unleash your creative potential.
Starting in August of 2019, Travel Alberta, Tourism Calgary, and the new Residence Inn by Marriott Calgary Downtown/Beltline District, invite you to explore side streets lined with murals, endless pathways along the crystal clear Bow River, and hidden gems at every turn for the next edition of Creator House.
Over three months, YOU, the Creators, will have the opportunity to independently explore and experience all of the best things to do in Calgary. Design your own itinerary and share with the world what this dynamic city and Alberta are all about.
What’s in it for you?
Rich with beautiful landscapes, an evolving skyline and an array of experiences that allow visitors to live in the moment, Calgary is a destination that exceptionally balances the Canadian story. Urban vibrancy with prominent home-grown festivals, over a thousand kilometers of pathways, and an abundance of art and culinary experiences make for endless adventure. Calgary’s backyard is anyone’s dream with four UNESCO World Heritage Sites on its doorstep.
- Visit Calgary, Alberta for four nights/five days this summer.
- Accommodations will be provided by the new Residence Inn by Marriott Downtown Calgary.
- Transportation to/from Calgary and meals (via a per diem) will be covered during your stay.
- Access to attractions, including festivals and events.
- Two organized experiences (one week’s notice required).
- Transportation within the city.
- Access to a rental car to explore Calgary’s “backyard”. The Rockies and the Badlands could be calling your name!
- Access to GoPro Hero 7 equipment during your stay.
- The opportunity to meet up with the local creator community to experience Calgary through their lens.
- Potential for professional development opportunities through the facilities at Studio Bell home of the National Music Centre and Calgary’s impressive new Central Library. Both of which offer access to professional equipment such as: recording studios, podcasting equipment, editing suites and video green screens (requests assessed on a case-by-case basis).
What we are looking for…
- You have a creative flair like none other!
- You are a creator with a predominantly North American audience for your work (creators from outside of North America will also be considered).
- We are looking for authentic storytellers who are strong on YouTube and Instagram, however, influence on other dominant social media networks will be considered.
- Creators that cover a wide range of interests from family and solo travel, photography, music, video, architecture, culinary, and human interest. You must have an interest in urban exploration.
The application process has now closed. Thank you so much for your interest in Creator House Calgary! If you have any questions, please contact Tawny@HeckticMedia.com.
To be the first to know about future Creator Houses, please sign up to our HMI mailing list.