Sudbury is a vibrant and innovative city located in northeastern Ontario at the convergence of three major highways. Located in the beautiful Canadian Shield in the Great Lakes Basin, there is an interesting mix of urban and wilderness environments to explore!
At 3,627 square kilometres in area, Sudbury is geographically the largest municipality in Ontario and the second largest in Canada. It is considered a city of lakes and has the largest lake contained within a city, Lake Wanapitei.
#DYK Sudbury has 330 lakes? More than any other municipality in Canada!
The city proudly displays its ethnic and cultural diversity with nearly 100 international flags lining downtown’s Bridge of Nations. With a population of more than 161,650, Greater Sudbury also has a strong Francophone community and rich Indigenous heritage. Sudbury is the third largest Francophone community outside Quebec and 39% of people in Greater Sudbury are bilingual.
Here is just a sample of some of the fun things to do in Sudbury:
- Visit the Big Nickel for an Instagrammable photo op.
- Explore over 55km of hiking, biking, and jogging trails in the Lake Laurentian Conservation Area (not to mention the incredible views).
- Learn something new at Science North.
- Discover epic street art in Downtown Sudbury. There’s even a self-guided tour!
- Take in a festival at the premier destination for festivals and events in northern Ontario.
- Grab a bite at one of Sudbury’s diverse restaurant options! From award-winning restaurants, unique menus, lively pubs, or grabbing something at The Sudbury Market, pair your meal with a local hand-crafted beer or spirit made right in Sudbury for a fully local experience.
What We Are Looking For…
We are looking for influencers to embark on a 3-night trip to the city in July or August! If selected, influencers will provide promotional coverage during and after the trip to build brand awareness for Sudbury and the surrounding region. In particular, we are looking for:
- Adventurous and independent travelers who are eager to experience Sudbury and area.
- Influencers with audiences primarily based in Ontario, Manitoba, and/or Quebec.
- We are most interested in those with engaged audiences on more than one platform, with a primary focus on blogs, Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube.
- Please note that Sudbury is also interested in photo assets for their own marketing use so strong photography skills will be considered a definite strength.
What’s In It For You?
- An opportunity to discover an innovative and vibrant destination and share it with your audience!
- Freedom to drive the creation of your itinerary that will best appeal to your audience.
- Transportation costs to/from Sudbury, accommodations, meals, and other reasonable expenses associated with the trip will be covered.
- An appropriate fee in exchange for negotiated deliverables.