Banner photo credit: Zyron Paul Felix
“Manitoba is, quite literally, at the centre of everything. It’s the geographical middle of Canada and a crucial point of encounter; the ancient Aboriginal people would trade their wares at what is now Winnipeg’s downtown core. The capital city has retained its multicultural flavour, with over a quarter of its population having recently immigrated from nations as varied as the Philippines, Nigeria and India.” Lonely Planet Best in Travel, 2019 (with Manitoba ranked at #8).
“This unpretentious prairie city proves itself worthy of more than a glance from a train window.” National Geographic Traveler’s Best Trips of 2016.
“Winnipeg [is] stealthily gathering cred among those in the know.” Vogue.com, November 2016.
Enjoy “Summer in the City” and unleash your creative potential.
Throughout the summer of 2019, Travel Manitoba and Inn at the Forks invite you to experience the heart of Canada. The vibrant capital city of Winnipeg, Manitoba, will be the base for the next edition of Creator House!
Over two months, YOU, the creators, will have the opportunity to independently explore and experience the city. It’s up to you to design your itinerary and share with the world what Winnipeg and Manitoba are all about.
What’s in it for you?
- Visit Winnipeg, Manitoba for five nights this summer. Dates for visiting are available starting on June 25th through the end of August.
- Accommodations will be provided by Inn at the Forks (in the Platinum Suite).
- Transportation to/from Winnipeg and meals (via a per diem) will be covered during your stay.
- You will be provided with passes to a number of attractions (including current festivals) as well as participation in two tours of your choosing. Otherwise, you are free to develop your own itinerary.
- Transportation within the city will be covered via taxi vouchers and/or complimentary bike rentals. You will have access to a rental car for one day to explore Winnipeg’s surrounding areas.
What we are looking for…
- Independent travelers who are comfortable exploring to their own schedule.
- Creators with a predominantly North American audience for their work.
- We are most interested in those with a strong blog and audience, but will also be looking for coverage on dominant social media networks.
- Prefered but not necessary: Travel Manitoba is also looking for those who will provide assets following their experience. If you are willing to, please provide details in your application.