Position: Digital Media Specialist (Summer Student)
Anticipated Requirement: 20-30 hours per week
Dates: June 1 to August 31, 2018 (flexible)
Hecktic Media Inc. (HMI) is a company built by influencers for influencer marketing in the travel industry. Founded by the bloggers behind the award-winning website HeckticTravels.com in 2014, HMI is now a team of five and continues to grow. In the last several years we have designed influencer marketing campaigns for such companies as Expedia, Amazon, Canadian Badlands, and
more. In addition, we do social media account management and training for small businesses.
We are a vibrant and fun group, all working virtually (but with three of us based in Lethbridge), and we work on a diverse array of projects. We are currently looking for a self-driven individual to execute specific tasks for HMI and our clients.
This position may entail…
- Performing website updates (on WordPress) for search engine optimization.
- Creating simple graphics and videos for clients.
- Providing analysis of marketing campaign results on a variety of social media platforms.
- Scheduling of social media updates for clients.
- A student with interest in new media, marketing, general management, and/or communications.
- Experience with (or are eager to learn!) about efficiently managing social media business pages (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram) and WordPress.
- Basic graphic design and video editing skills.
- Analytical skills and the ability to disseminate large amounts of information into useable reports for clients. Proficiency with Google Sheets is especially useful.
- Your own laptop and the discipline and ability to work independently. We are a virtual company and while we can set you up with a desk at a co-working space, you will largely be unsupervised.
- A positive attitude, good multitasking and organizational abilities, and an intense love for travel!