Building upon the success of the previous campaigns, we are back to help get the word out about Viator!
Objectives of the Campaign
Memories don’t just happen—they’re made. Viator, a Tripadvisor company, makes it easy to find and book something you’ll love to do. In Seoul, San Francisco, Seville, and beyond, Viator is the experiences marketplace. From the must-do, to the who-knew, to the ooh-la-la, we’re where your best memories are waiting to be made. Viator. One site, 300,000+ experiences you’ll remember.
The Viator brand voice is playful, inspiring, helpful, and kind. Viator content should come off as a best friend or cool older sibling sharing all the amazing details about the cool tour they are on (including causing serious cases of FOMO).
In this campaign, we will work with you to select an experience that can fit within your existing travel schedule or select something close to home and make sure it is something that you (and your audience) will enjoy! While we love evergreen content, please also consider seasonal and holiday experiences to help showcase the broad variety of experiences available. There are also opportunities to be part of this campaign in which we may ask the content to take different creative forms — we could send you on an experience of your choice, have you do a specific tour in your destination, or even ask you to film content with a specific theme or message in mind that may or may not require any travel.
This campaign differs than the previous ones in that we are looking for a number of influencers to enjoy Viator experiences from now and into the beginning of 2023. So if you are not selected at first, don’t worry! We will be using the applications as a reference to pull new candidates from over the next several months.
For reference, below are some content examples from previous campaigns that Viator really loved:
- Sunset Boat Tour in Cinque Terre, Italy @thegingerwanderlust – TikTok
- Guatemalan Street Food Tour @lilmsawkward – Reel
Bavarian Beer & Food Tour in Munich, Germany @SamuelandAudreyTravelandFoodVideos – YouTube
- Guided tour to the Siwa Oasis, Egypt @riotravelers – Reel
- ATVing and Zip-Lining + Parasailing in Costa Rica @hopscotchtheglobe – YouTube
- Afternoon Jazz Cruise in London @toniahope_ – Reel
Requirements and Deliverables
- For this campaign, we are looking for influencers who primarily have an audience in the USA (other English-speaking countries – i.e. Canada, Australia, UK – may also be considered).
- In addition, we would like content creators who are strong on one or more of the following platforms: TikTok, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Selected influencers will embark on one experience from Viator and promote the journey on their social channels, following guidelines, tagging Viator, and using the requested hashtag(s).
- The experience should be near to where you are (or where your planned travels will take you), in order to keep travel costs low. The experience cost will be covered, along with a maximum amount for related expenses, and we are open to you bringing a +1 as well.
- Social media content is subject to review and approval from the HMI and Viator team and must be published according to a specific schedule (roughly within 2 weeks of the experience).
- Within two weeks of posting, influencers will provide relevant statistics in the format requested by the HMI team.
- All social media files (that make up the deliverables of this campaign) will need to be submitted with the statistics so that Viator can repost on their channels (with proper credit back to you). We will be requiring two versions of the final files: 1/ Without music, and 2/ Without music and text (if applicable).
- If selected, experiences can start as soon as September, and would need to be completed by February 2023.
- Content should be colorful and engaging with an emphasis on the tour and utilizing Viator to book.
In consideration of the above, please advise of your suggested deliverables (social media promotion) and the corresponding fees.
In the application, please stipulate any foreseeable expenses. Since this partnership spans across a few months, there may be opportunities for some influencers to have longer partnerships with multiple experiences, so please advise of the impact on your proposal in the space provided.