Position: Social Media Coordinator (9 month contract, to start)
Anticipated Requirement: ~20 hours per week
Start date: ASAP
HMI Marketing is a boutique digital marketing firm with offices in Alberta and Nova Scotia, primarily serving the tourism industry, with specific strengths in influencer and content marketing. Founded by the bloggers behind HeckticTravels.com, HMI is now a team of four (you would make five!) with a growing client base. In the last several years, our clients have included Viator, Tourism Lethbridge, Tourism Nova Scotia, Nomador, and many more. In addition, internal properties (like RoadTripAlberta.com) and related products are a rapidly growing section of our business.
We are a vibrant and fun group, all working remotely, and exposed to a diverse array of projects. We are currently looking for a self-driven individual to execute specific social media strategies for HMI and our clients. We need someone who has solid knowledge of southern Alberta in order to meet specific client needs.
Daily duties associated with brand social media accounts which may include:
- Sourcing relevant content to be shared.
- Creating visuals to accompany posts.
- Creating and executing to an editorial calendar.
- Responding to customer inquiries within a specific time frame.
- Everything a home office needs! This contract position is remote with no central location, so you will be working on your own.
- Experience with efficiently managing business pages on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Solid graphic design skills. Commonly-used tools for us are Canva and Photoshop.
- The ability to disseminate large amounts of data into useable reports.
- A positive attitude, detail and customer-oriented skills, and good multitasking and organizational abilities.
- Nice to have: experience with Slack, Google docs, and Dropbox as internal organization tools. Also, video editing skills, SEO knowledge, and experience in WordPress would be big bonuses.